High blood glucose levels are commonly encountered in hospitalized people. Diabetes management in the hospital is important for a good outcome in the hospital setting. This book, written by the team at the Chellaram Diabetes Institute, Pune, India under the editorship of Dr AG Unnikrishnan, has the following distinctive features:
- Covers practical aspects of managing diabetes in hospitalized people
- Easy-to-understand algorithms and protocols
- Focuses on day-to-day glucose management in the ward and critical illness settings.
- Simple steps to manage diabetes in subjects undergoing surgery or other procedures
- Clinical protocols for glucose control in people on enteral or parenteral feeding
- Approach to glucose monitoring in the hospital
- Subcutaneous insulin and intravenous insulin infusion therapy explained
- Practical guidance for managing end-of-life diabetes care
- Management of common glycemic emergencies is explained
- Easy to understand flow charts, tables and diagrams
- Combines scientific evidence with clinical expertise and patient preferences
- Illustrative case studies are presented to enhance practical learning.
There are no reviews yet.